Typeface - Privacy Notice
Last Updated: August 21st, 2023
Welcome! We are Typeface, the generative AI application for enterprise content creation, that empowers all businesses to create exceptional, on-brand content (text, images, etc.) at supercharged speeds. This Privacy Notice explains how Typeface, Inc. (“Typeface”, “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes personal information (as defined below) in connection with our websites (the “Sites”) and other websites we own and operate that link to this Privacy Notice, our mobile application (the “App”), our Typeface app for Teams and the related content, platform, services, products, and other functionality offered on or through our services (collectively, the “Services”). It does not address our privacy practices relating to Typeface job applicants, employees and other personnel.
I. What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “personal information”in this Privacy Notice, we mean any data or information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular natural person or household or any other data or information that constitutes “personal data”,“personal information,” or “personally identifiable information.”
II. Our Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, you may provide us your personal information when you signup for an account, send us messages, or use some other feature of our Service.
We may link or combine your activities and information collected from you on our Services with information we receive from third parties, as well as information we collect automatically through tracking technologies (defined below). This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
Personal Information Collected from You
We may collect the following categories personal information submitted to us by individuals through the Services:
- Contact Information, including first and last name and email address. We use this information to fulfill your request or transaction, to communicate with you directly, and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your preferences.
- Account Information, including first and last name, email address, user ID and password, profile information, and any other information you provide to us. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant service and information, communicate with you regarding your account and your use of theService, and for customer support purposes.
- Inquiry and Communications Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through the forms or to one of our email addresses. This also includes contact information provided on our Services. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Information Collected Through the Use of the Service, including any files, documents, videos, images, data, or information you choose to upload or transmit through your communications with us or your use of the Site(collectively, “User Content”). User Content and any information contained inthe User Content, including personal information you may have included, isstored and collected as part of the Service.
- Address Book Information. With your permission, we may access your contact list available on your mobile device or your email accounts, or you may choose to provide your friends’ contact information manually, so that you can send invitations or special content to your friends. When communicating with your friends, we may include your name and photo in order to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation or sending the message.
- Device Content (Contacts and Photos). With your permission, we will collect content from the device you use to access our online Services, such as photos from your device camera roll and camera and the contacts from your address book. For more information on how to withdraw your permission, please see the Choices About YourInformation section below.
- Feedback Information. We may also collect feedback you provide relating to our Service. We use this information to communicate with you, to conduct market research and improve and grow ourbusiness.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
We and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information from or in connection with your device when visiting or interacting with our Services, such as the list below and in the sub-sections here:
- Log Data, including internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, device type and version, browser type and version, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, other user agent string data, the time spent on our Services, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Services). Log data may overlap with the other categories of data below.
- Analytics data, including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, UTM source, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the time zone, activity information (first and last active date and time), usage history (flows created, campaigns scheduled, emails opened, total log-ins) as well as the pages, links, objects, products and benefits you view, click or otherwise interact with.
- Location data, such as general geographic location that we or our third-party providers may derive from your IP address.
We and our third-party providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect this personal information. We may also use this information to distinguish you from other users of our Services. This helps us monitor and analyze how you use and interact with our Services. It also helps us and our partners to determine products and services that may be of interest to you. For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see the Control Over Your Information section.
Personal Information from Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from third parties which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- Typeface Entities: We may receive personal information from other companies and brands owned or controlled by Typeface, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Typeface.
- Other Users or Individuals who Interact with our Services: We may receive your information from other users or other individuals who interact with our Services. For example, if you engage in one of our communications hosted on third-party platforms, we will be able to see any public communications made within that platform.
- Social Media: When an individual interacts with our Services through various social media networks, such as when someone “Likes” us on Facebook or follows us or shares our content on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks, we may receive some information about individuals that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network, and may include [your profile information, profile picture, gender, username, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of theService, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us. The information may include information about your use of the Service, and information about your communications and related activities. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services.
- Business Partners: We may receive your information from our business partners, such as companies that offer their products and/or services on ourServices. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services.
- Other Sources: We may also collect Personal Information about individuals that we do not otherwise have from, for example, publicly available sources, third-party data providers, brand partnerships, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Additional Uses of Personal Information
We may use personal information we collect to :
- Fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to fulfill our contractual obligations, to deliver theServices you have requested;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-dayoperations;
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products orServices, when you contact us or access our Services;
- Communicate with individuals, including via email and/or social media;
- Administer, improve and personalize our Services, including by recognizing an individual and remembering their information when they return to our Services;
- Facilitate customer benefits and services, including customer support;
- Identify and analyze how individuals use ourServices;
- Conduct research and analytics on our customer and user base and our Services;
- Improve and customize our Services to address the needs and interests of our user base and other individuals we interact with;
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our property and Services, technology assets and business;
- To enforce our Terms of Service, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligationsand enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interestsand rights of third parties;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud orunlawful or criminal activity;
- Comply with contractual and legal obligations andrequirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose thatyou consent to.
Where you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill the request or respond to inquiries. We may provide you with additional privacy-related information where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy notice will govern how we may process the information provided at that time.
III. OurDisclosure of Personal Information
We may also share, transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information with and to third parties, as follows:
- Typeface Entities: We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by Typeface, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Typeface, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, particularly when we collaborate in providing theServices.
- Service Providers: We engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, customer service and communication services, and administrative services. Typeface's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy., including the Limited Use requirements.
- Other Users: At your direction, we may disclose your public profile information and User Content to other online community members, as well as any other information you choose to make public.
- Business Partners: From time to time, we may share personal data with our business partners or we may allow our business partners to collect your personal information. Our business partners will use your information for their own business and commercial purposes, including to send you any information about their products or services that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Business Transaction orReorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction.Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
o in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
o to comply with laws orto respond to lawful requests and legal process;
o to protect our rightsand property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce ouragreements and policies;
o to detect, suppress, orprevent fraud;
o to protect the healthand safety of us and others; or
o as otherwise required by applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our Sites or service-related publications.
IV. Third-Party Data Collection
We use third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to recognize you to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our Services on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on our Services, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google and other analytics tool providers to facilitate the service. The analytics tools allow us to better understand how our users interact with our Services. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent toGoogle, review Google's website, “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
For more information about these practices and your choices regarding cookies, please see the Control Over Your Information section below.
V. ControlOver Your Information
You may control your information in the following ways:
- Access to Your Device Information. You may control the Services’ access to your device information through your “Settings” app on your device. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the Services to access your network devices and geolocation and to integrate with your other applications.
- Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
- Push Notifications. You can stop receiving push notifications from us by changing your preferences in the iOS or Android notifications settings menu.
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
VI. Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If an individual is under the age of 16, they should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that personal information.
VII. Linksto Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Services may include links to third-partywebsites, plug-ins and applications. Except where we post, link to or expresslyadopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to,and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices ofthird-party websites and online services or the practices of other thirdparties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties,please visit their respective privacy notices.
VIII. Updatesto This Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time totime. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date atthe beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to thisPrivacy Notice, we will notify individuals by email to their registered emailaddress, by prominent posting on our Services, or through other appropriatecommunication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date ofpublication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.